Member - $75.00 (USD)
General Member Benefits
General membership is open to all who are writing in Historical fiction (all sub genres), nonfiction, poetry, songwriting, playwriting, or blogging. General Members receive all benefits of membership, including but not limited to:
- Member Login: a private online community where members can connect with each other, network, and access content specifically for HWA members.
- New! Mobile App allows members to receive news and notifications, chat with other members, and arrange “meet-ups” and write-ins.
- Speaker’s Bureau: Sign up for the Speaker’s Bureau and be listed for Historical organizations, libraries, and school speaking programs.
- Promotional Opportunities: Members can submit promotional collateral materials for conferences and events where HWA is attending. Opportunities for guest blog submissions, reviews, and notification of book launch to membership.
- Contests and Conferences: Members are eligible to enter the short-form contests (Short story for fiction, essay for nonfiction) Fall 2018. Also, members have the opportunity to participate in the annual conference for published and unpublished writers. Members also receive a discounted rate for the Annual Conference held each fall.
- Leadership Opportunities: Board, Chapter and Committee opportunities.
Associate Member - $75.00
Associate-Writer Member Benefits
Associate membership is open to Agents and Editors. Associate members may serve on committees, participate in forums (networking and advice only), and participate in conference activities.
Student Membership - $25.00
Available all students 18+ of full-time programs. ID or proof of enrollments required. Please email scanned ID or enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Verified Annually.
US Veterans Membership - $65.00
For all Veterans and Active Duty Military. Thank you for your service!
Please indicate branch of service (for statistical information only)
Affiliate Member - $10.00
Historical organizations, libraries and booksellers. Limited to conference discounts and speaker’s bureau.
Organizational Member: Any business or organization who supports the mission of HWA. Organizational members 2will be listed in the “Writers Services” directory. Any organization offering discounted goods or services to HWA members will have priority listing. Organizational members will receive a 20% discount on all advertising.
Organizational Member - $125.00
Any business or organization who supports the mission of HWA. Organizational members will be listed in the "Writers Services" directory. Any organization offering discounted goods or services to HWA members will have priority listing. Organizational Members receive a 20% discount on all advertising.